Our Little Jacob

This is a blog detailing the daily struggles of having a child with Spastic Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy. My son is 1 of 2 surviving triplets. My son and his identical twin brother Logan who passed away at 6.5 months old had Twin to Twin Transfusion before they were born. They were delivered at 28 weeks to try and save all 3 of their lives. I have a hard time connecting with other parents raising children with severe disabilities so, I thought I would branch away from my other blog to blog just about my son and his special needs in hope of reaching out and supporting other moms dealing with similar issues.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hugga-Bebe Cushion

This is the most awesome thing since sliced breads for infants with developmental delays and CP.

Check this thing out. A fellow mom of a CP child posted this on one of our group facebook pages. I can't tell you how many times I used to shove boppy pillow, blankets etc it the jumparoo, restaurant high chairs, public swings etc to find something to help stabilize my son with poor trunk control. This thing would have been wonderful. My son is 2 1/2 and 27lbs. He is almost 34 inches long and I am considering buying it just to see if I can still fit him in a swing at the park in it.



What the website says:
Introducing the first infant support for baby swings, exersaucers, jumpers...even infant playground swings! This soft, thickly-padded wraparound prevents babies from slumping and slouching in all types of enclosed seats, encouraging good posture and core strength from the start. No more one-size-fits-all baby seats! Size adjustable; grows with baby, thanks to three sets of crotch snaps and Velcro® side straps. For ages 4 months and up. Machine wash. Imported.                                            

  • Winner of the iParenting Media Award

  • Much easier and more effective than stuffing rolled-up towels and blankets into baby seats. Works with activity centers, walkers, high chairs, park swings, and other baby seats (excluding cars seats).

  • Teaches baby to sit properly (with the pelvis in a neutral position), encouraging good posture and core muscle strength, which may prevent back problems later in life.

  • Adjusts to fit infants and toddlers

  • Front panel measures 13½"L x 10½"W; back panel measures 16"L x 13¼"W. Crotch strap measures from 7"-9", depending what set of snaps you use. Velcro® side straps measure 6½"L.

  • Made of microfiber; machine wash and tumble dry gentle



  • 1 comment:

    1. hai..very interesting cushion...but we may not have here in Malaysia. My daughter also a CP Quadriplegic child.

      ReplyDelete